What is RREDC?
What Is The Redwood Region Economic Development Commission?
The Redwood Region Economic Development Commission (RREDC) is a collaboration of Humboldt County communities dedicated to expanding economic opportunity in Humboldt County.We create opportunity and support the growth of local businesses. We lead projects of regional significance, make loans, and offer business consulting through our partner, the North Coast Small Business Development Center.
RREDC was created in 1977 to invest in projects with money received when the Redwood National Park was expanded. In addition, RREDC created a loan fund to help local businesses get started or expand.
After 45 years, we still make loans to businesses that have been denied by other sources. In addition, support the Fly Humboldt! air service development campaign and are leaders in connecting our region to the world via fiber optics.
We are completely self-supporting. Interest from our loan program funds operations and our profits increase the funds available to lend to local businesses.
Our Member Agencies
(Click on name to link to website)
- Humboldt Community Services District
- Humboldt Bay Municipal Water District
- Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation, and Conservation District
- Manila Community Services District
- McKinleyville Community Services District
- Orick Community Services District
- Orleans Community Services District
- Redway Community Services District
- College of the Redwoods
- Willow Creek Community Services District